Recognising the important role it plays in the development of the region and its people, RBCT subscribes to the principles of equal opportunities for all our employees. We view employment equity as more than a process aimed at addressing the wrongs of the past, but as a key business process integrated into the strategies and disciplines of the organisation. To this end, RBCT has implemented an Employment Equity policy and procedures that promote equity and diversity in the workplace.
Skills Development: Accelerated Development Programmes (ADP)
RBCT’s Accelerated Development Programme (ADP) focuses on the training and development of employees from the designated groups in line with agreed employment equity targets.
Key skills retention is critical to our future success. We also invest in Artisan Apprentice training, Management and Supervisory Development programmes, amongst others, to empower our people with additional skills.
To date, the following milestones have been achieved:
- Employees have been offered learning opportunities in externally facilitated programs such as the Employee Development Program (EDP), CORE (Basic supervisory skills), BMS (Basic management skills), FMP (Fundamental Management Programme), MDP (Management Development Programme).
- Through the creation of extra-numeracy specialist positions, employees from target groups have been given focused development opportunities through high-level work assignments and many have subsequently been appointed in line management positions.
- Trainee, Apprenticeship and Bursary Programmes have also been structured to ensure a steady flow of AA candidates into the various feeder jobs in the organisation. This has been very successful and has been the most effective means of changing the demographics at the skilled junior/management levels of the organisation.
RBCT offers traineeships to meet the future skills requirements of key positions at RBCT. Trainees include:
- Learnerships (registered with a Sector Education Training Authority (SETA)
- Learnerships (unregistered).